Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Back From British Columbia !

A great big hearty thanks to Naden Lodge ( www.nadenlodge.com/) for a fantastic stay that provided me with 14 chinook salmon to 21 pounds and 17 coho salmon to 11 pounds. The food, lodgings, guiding, vessels, guides, and environment were outstanding! Captain Brian Hillier, we'll be coming back as soon as we can to your beautiful lodge in Masset, Queen Charlotte Islands!

Another big thanks to guide Clint Goyette of Valley Fishing Guides (www.valleyfishing.com/) for two days of great fishing in and around the snow-capped mountains around Whistler and Pemberton. I stopped counting the rainbow trout we released, but the big memories were the striking colors of a 5 pound char I released as well as my brief hookup of a chinook of about 35 pounds in knee- deep water!

I'll be writing about these exotic destinations in the near future.

Jan Maizler

No comments: