Friday, December 12, 2008

Reduction by Facsimile.....

I fell prey to the above phenomenon when I tried to duplicate the great jack and mackerel experience I had a week ago.

The fish were there alright, but the thrill was not quite the same, barring the capture of another king mackerel around 10 pounds for the table.

Much in the same way that any sequel of a "perfect" film like _Poltergeist_ is doomed to a second act failure OR even like the possible degradation of an image or story with each respective transmission of the item by faxing it or telling it, so my morning went: good, but not quite the same.

Adding to this strange feeling was the sunrise birthing a batch of large and very large rolling-yet unresponsive- tarpon.

Time, it seems to me, to head for the chancy chilly waters of the bonefish flats the next time.


Jan

No comments: