Friday, May 01, 2009

Phenom Mornin'

It always pays to keep your eyes open and work outside the box. After a lackluster start south of Miami's Broad Causeway, I followed a diving pelican about a half-mile away. It turned out that he was feeding on threadfins, which in turn were also being ravaged by some huge rolling tarpon. When the dust cleared, I released two huge fish of over 100 pounds each.

Later on as I idled into the marina, I spotted a bug cuda alongside a piling. I attached a 12-inch yellow tube lure to a 12-pound spinner and I worked the fish. On the fourth cast, it engulfed the lure and the battle lasted 20 minutes. When I got the fish alongside, it clearly was my biggest career cuda and a quick measuring put the fish in the 40-pound range.


Jan
http://www.flatsfishingonline.com/

No comments: