Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Good To Be The King!

Before stumbling into the assumption that my header is a narcisisstic proclamation, I'll clear it up as a quote from Mel Brooks' "History of the World." What really applies is my honest intent that "it's good to fish for kings" (the silver ones) or that the tarpon can say in MY world, it HAS become king.

This morning I ran my skiff to a fall "transitional area" and found loads of rolling fish. By the time I saw my 100th roller alongside a zero strike record onboard, I downsized my offering by half its' size as well as dropped to 30-pound leader which is super-thin. I had 4 takes and went 2 for 4. 2 fish wore through the leader and I released 2 fish about 25 pounds each. I was not happy that the reduced pressure needed on lighter leaders created a longer fight time.

http://www.fishingfloridasflats.com/

No comments: