Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring Beckons for OverUnder Charters and Rum Cay

I received some exciting news from Trey Rhyne, president of OverUnderCharters that their vessel bagged a huge 148 pound wahoo off the Cat Island/ Rum Cay area. The information that I have from Trey is that OverUnder Charters (www.overundercharters.com) offers wonderful flights on their own planes from Ft. Lauderdale to Cat Island or Rum Cay where their very own charter vessel takes you to the deep blue sea or guides you to the flats for some very unpressured fishing. Their contact and lodgings person on Rum Cay is Michelle of Sumner Point Marina.

If the weather holds and gets warmer giving us a good hot spring, there's no telling the delightful yellowfins, dolphin, and bones OverUnder has to offer. I thought this last front of March 18th would slow it, but who knows? I think the idea of an outfitter with their own planes and Mothership plying the eastern Bahamas- flats, reefs, and the deep- is exciting. I hope to experience this some day. I received a report of a hot morning bite a few days ago yielding 5 big wahoo.

Jan

No comments: