Friday, January 20, 2006

The Reasons I Dream about Fishing Exotic Lands



Yes, Freud certainly made it clear that what we dream of reveals a great deal about ourselves- not just our desires and fears, but the utility, purpose and payoffs of what we hold dear to our minds. The crude snapshot alongside His Majesty chronicles my actual explorations of St. Lucia, one of the most exquisite and beautifully lush islands of the Caribbean. At first glance of this image, I flash to the first time I made a sea approach to Moorea and Bora Bora.

It's not unexpected that my daydreaming really tends to spike in the wintertime when the cold fronts and higher winds hold me down to chairs instead of helms. Not only then, though: just as much as I fight the mice minions on I-95 or the worker bees blocking A1A as they build their tumurous concrete hives. Recollections and dreams of peak angling and explorations infuse my soul and bathe it in comfort and inspiration in times both good and bad. This works for me..how about you?
Jan

No comments: