Friday, September 21, 2007

SOFLA Neat and Cozy, But Still Hot!

SOFLA receives the first formal day of fall.
The subtropical system thats eases towards the Big Easy knocked out a friday trip to Titusville with Captain Bryan Pahmeier, who reported that the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon were slightly dirtied, cooled, and heightened by the same sytem yesterday- he reported few fish sighted on a pre-story scouting trip.
While the bulk of the weather was to the north of SOFLA. it's spinning circulation set forth southerly winds of a welcome brisk velocity. I took advantage of the breeze and focused on Dade county bridges with much better results than two weeks ago. I jumped four tarpon and released a beautiful specimen of about fifty pounds. One bridge had a big school of jacks striking whitebait in the orb-glow of a bridge light above. I caught fish after fish until I was satisfied in deep sweat.
The whole area is still in a deep summer mode with towering clouds and radiant sun. The northeast U.S.A. has had enough fronts to send Pennsylvania temps into the forties. I called Anglin's Pier today in Lauderdale by the Sea- they report only a few mullet coming through and just a couple of mackeral and pompano caught. I'll drink deep of the hot weather fishing until conditions point my snoot to another quadrant.
Jan

No comments: