Thursday, March 03, 2005

Alaska Beckons!

I am attempting plans to be fishing and reporting to you from Alaska this summer. Every true angler must visit Alaska in their lifetime. The exquisite configuration of sun, sky, mist, water. nightly lights, and vast abundant flocks of birds and fields of fish will feed your soul. I have always felt this state to be Florida's inverted polar sister: Northwest versus Southeast, mountains versus flats, cool versus heat, salmons versus bonefish...the two states simply go together! But all fishermen in America need to travel at least once to the misty majesties of Alaska. My past travels took me through Anchorage, Juneau, Sewell, Sitka, Whittier, Skagway, Ketchikan and others. These places filled me with unforgettable images of glaciers, bears, chipmunks, birds,whales, icebergs, seals and so much more.

In Ketchikan, as my ship, the Carnival Spirit, approached this marvelous city, salmon jumped constantly in these waters and never stopped..I Never saw such vast numbers of a gamefish.I really felt I was in angler's heaven!!!! More soon.

Jan
www.flatsfishingonline.com

No comments: