Thursday, June 02, 2005

Pardon My Obsession!

I have always been preoccupied why certain areas hold truly big bonefish. I hope to get myself to the flats of New Caledonia from Noumea North...some of the fish in the north are enormous.
And yes, back to GreenTurtle Cay off Abaco, Key Biscayne off Miami, Peterson Bank and Lignum Vitae Key off Islamorada, and the Biminis. What's up? Why are the bonefish so consistently big in these last 4 areas?

One hint seems to be proximity to deeper waters. The ocean side of Islamorada has plenty of huge fish, too. The area off jet-ski reeking Whale Harbor has monsters that pass through with regularity. Yet the oceanside of Marathon a bit South-Southwest has less big fish. Perhaps one has to bear not figuring out why and simply go the these well-known areas for a trophy. I'm on my way, but why do certain areas.......

Jan

No comments: