Thursday, February 24, 2005

Gulf Coast Memories at Key Island Estate

Last summer included 2 memorable trips to Jim and Stacey Kanzler's Key Island Estate [www.keyislandestate.com/]. The quality of the sight fishing on this exotic island between Naples and Marco island is hard to describe except by numbers, just to get the flavor. In two days of night fishing there, I released 36 snook to twenty pounds. On the Gulf beach behind Key Island, I spotted hundreds of snook swimming the surf during a day's fishing. I caught countless jacks, ladyfish, and snapper. I also spotted loads of pompano tailing - YES, TAILING- in the surf sloughs one windy afternoon, and was finally able to catch some reverting to shrimp on ultralite spin.

This is a perfect high-end destination for angling groups, families, and wedding groups of up to 14 people to stay in the exquisitely appointed estate. The beaches are pristine, unpressured, and downright spiritual. I look forward to my return, and suggest you look into this marvelous destination.

Jan
www.flatsfishingonline.com

No comments: