Friday, January 27, 2006

A Walk Amongst Sweet Memories
















I have as little control over travel reveries as I do the torrent of words that spill out of my pen, pencil, or keystrokes, and all of it feels SO GOOD. Each image commemorates a moment with such specific flavors and character, like great tastes of fine wines. The proud flourish of the family man as he plops out the long accordian sleeve of wife and kid images from his wallet nudges me as I gaze on these snapshots. The first rooster off Cabo, another big fat Biscayne Bay bone, and my first trevally taken off remote Fanning Island deep in the Pacific with my guide Naan are the building blocks of experience where past, present, and future all join hands and blanket toss the gleeful image of the traveling angler's life skyward.
Jan

No comments: