Friday, September 11, 2009

Frustration..

I'd been looking forward to a return bout with the tarpon and prepared the night before with relish. I checked the radar map at 4 a.m. which revealed little storm activity. An hour later, as I headed to a local boat ramp with my boat in tow, much of north Biscayne Bay became carpeted with heavy rain and an occasional lightning flash. The weather report-which I rarely trust- called for numerous showers, but I always gaze at the conditions myself for a better estimate.

The rain continued into early dawn, which is the usual time for the tarpon bite in these locales. Though the weather was letting up, my experience indicated that the silver kings hereabouts were never happy with lightning and thunder, so I scrapped my plans. It did clear up to a sunny day by 9 a.m. with the summer sun burning off the clouds and I'm really not sure or happy about my decision to not fish.

No comments: