Friday, September 25, 2009

Mullet Run?....

I scrapped using my skiff today in order to cover the bay bridges last night and the beaches at dawn.


I only saw a few unresponsive tarpon last night at an otherwise well-known bridge hotspot. There were no mullet. I tried three other bridges with various lures and had no strikes nor did I see any mullet schools. Last year was quite different-more windy and less summery at this time. I also cannot fail to notice how poor the fishing has gotten in all parts of Biscayne Bay compared to twenty five years ago- and that really includes the bonefishing.


On the report of a friend who caught a snook along the beachfront three days ago, I worked the surf off North Beach for two hours starting at dawn. No strikes, no mullet.

Looks like I'll revert to more summertime strategies.


Jan
http://www.flatsfishingonline.com/

No comments: