Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Destination, The Fish, or The Experience...

For starters, I'll certainly make it clear that this very hot topic amongst anglers, especially ones that travel, is that I "celebrate diversity", meaning that all approaches are good. It simply boils down to what works for you. My personal orientation is that I do not need a pristine environment to have fishy action, but this certainly has limits as well. I have no problem catching trophy bones within close proximity to the Miami skyline, but I reached the limits of tolerance catching countless snook and baby tarpon in Curacao in the fetid waters of an Amstel beer plant discharge/ effluent into Willemstad Bay. Probably there's a huge range of preference of what anglers need...all the way from exquisite environs to nonstop action on the target species: the good new is that it all works!
Jan

No comments: