Friday, March 10, 2006

Looking Forward To Deadman's Cay Bonefish Adventures




















It's been another day to celebrate living. Though I was bouncing around the high pressure ridge in Biscayne Bay, I found the ideal slot that featured a contour off a flat coupled with a warm thermocline- how quickly and how many times can you say, "fish on every cast?" Morning tally- oh, yes, I do count! - 2 bonefish to 6 lbs, 4 yellow jacks, 3 blue runners, one 14 lb. jack crevalle, and 56 other jack crevalles: a great morning to look back on.

And yet, the pleasure is mounting for my trip to fish with Captain Sam Knowles in Deadmans Cay, Long island , Bahamas. This lodge (www.deadmansbones.com/) is smack in the middle of some of the least pressured, most wadeable flats in the Bahamas. The salinas there reminds me a bit of Bonaire, but with infinitely more flats and bonefish. I'm really looking forward to getting to this destination.

Jan

No comments: