Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New Tield Test Tackle Report


Bass Pro Shops
(www.basspro.com/)
Offshore Angler Ocean Master OM
4000 (Bait) Casting Reel

I have been field testing this product for an entire year. All the technical features as to comfort, backlash control ability, drag, levelwind, handle/cranking ability, line capacity, reliability, and reel finish have performed beyond my expectations. I have put this reel through the moves primarily on tarpon from 50 pounds to over 100 pounds in the ocean Cuts of Miami, Florida. I have also been using this reel to fish some of my secret Florida inshore wrecks where I need a strong reel to "dredge" large mangrove snapper and gag grouper off the wreck and into my skiff. I'll also be testing this reel off British Columbia for chinooks and halibut this summer, and I'm sure its excellent performance will continue. Anglers that love to cast a revolving spool reel under their "educated thumb" will be very pleased with the OM 4000.

Jan Maizler

No comments: